|Work Commitment||37 hrs, Term time + 1 week|
|Salary||£18,876 – £21,241|
|Closing Date||Friday 5th February 2021 at 8am|
|Interview Date||We expect interview to take place the following week|
Do you want a job where you make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to be inspired on a daily basis by your work?
An exciting opportunity is available for someone looking for a career working in the education sector or a fresh challenge in an inspiring learning environment across the Specialist Partnership Provision, where we provide children and young people with ‘second chance’ learning. It couldn’t be a more exciting time to join the Barnsley and Kirklees Special Provision Partnership. We’re a new, bold partnership, formed through the collaboration of Springwell Learning Community, Greenacre School and Joseph Norton Academy. Through our collaboration we are able to provide unique opportunities for our children, our staff and the communities we serve.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hard-working and creative professional to join the Partnership as our ICT Technician. The primary purpose of the role is to support staff in their use of ICT which will include troubleshooting problems, working with a broad range of technologies, the implementation of a number of ICT strategies and to promote and support Teaching and Learning. You will also be required to share knowledge and provide ICT support as and when required. This is an important position in the partnership to support the learning of students through the use of ICT. As part of the role there will be an opportunity to develop IT systems and research and develop emerging technologies to support the learning in school. You will be part of a small team providing support across the three schools.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
● Assisting/ delivering training and supporting staff, as and when required, on the use of new ICT developments
● Assisting with the maintenance and replacement of all ICT infrastructure across school as required
● Assisting with the management and maintenance of stock and records of ICT consumables across the estate
● Assisting with the management of the school’s ICT Support Helpdesk Ticketing system
● Provide staff and students with specialised support for the use of specialist technologies
● Provide staff and pupils with support in the use of computers and software for teaching, learning and administration
● Support teachers and support staff in the use of ICT to enhance student learning
● Research and investigate new ICT equipment and software and feedback to the School ICT Team
● Assist in creating documentation/support guides for Partnership staff
● Provide remote support to staff either via electronic means or physically traveling to remote sites
● Liaise with third party providers of third party services and raise support calls where applicable
Post holders require:
● Level 2 qualification in English and Maths or equivalent
● NVQ/HND in computing/ICT discipline
● Significant experience in providing ICT support services
● Experience in supporting more than two of the following technologies; Windows, Apple/iOS & other similar devices; printers and print management solutions; projectors, IWBs and other interactive teaching technologies; internet and network connectivity; Microsoft Office Application Suite + Office
365; Arbor or equivalent management information systems; Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 & 8. Moving to Windows 10;G-Suite
● Experience of supporting a local networking infrastructure.
● Knowledge / support of iOS/Android Mobile Device Management Software.
● Up to date knowledge of ICT Hardware, Software, Applications and Systems.
Specialist Provision Partnership
Our aim is to provide the best possible care and education for children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs and children and young people with severe and complex needs. Unconditional Positive Regard is at the centre of what we do. As a provision we are welcoming, caring, safe, warm and believe that all our pupils can be supported and empowered to succeed. We create individual and personalised pathways for pupils that are built around their varied needs.
We believe in working closely with our families and carers and welcome their support, but also realise that at times they will need our support too. We work closely with other agencies and schools to make sure we do all we can to make learning and life the best it possibly can be.
Wellspring Academy Trust
At Wellspring Academy Trust, we believe that every school is unique, because it has a unique history, it serves a unique community context and is full of unique individuals. We value and celebrate the unique identities of our academies. We encourage them to innovate, create and develop their uniqueness because we want others to learn from them. Excellence is about diversity, not conformity. We do not believe that one size fits all.
If you would like to discuss or find out more about this post, please contact Steve Savage, IT Manager, via email email@example.com
Completed applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your letter of application should outline why you feel your experience makes you a strong applicant for this exciting opportunity
The closing date for this post is: Friday 5th February at 8.00am.
We expect that interviews will take place during the following week.
Special Partnership Provision is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced disclosure and barring services check.
View all Latest News View all Vacancies