|Work Commitment||37 hrs, Term time only plus 5 inset days|
|Salary||FTE Salary £28,672 to £31,344 (Actual Salary £24,398 to £26,672)|
|Closing Date||Monday 1st March 2021 at 8am|
|Interview Date||We expect interviews to take place later that week|
Do you want a job where you make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to be inspired on a daily basis by your work?
An exciting opportunity is available for people looking for a career in education or a fresh challenge in an inspiring learning environment at Springwell Learning Community, where we provide children and young people with ‘second chance’ learning. It couldn’t be a more exciting time to join the Barnsley and Kirklees Special Provision Partnership. We’re a new, bold partnership, formed through the collaboration of Springwell Learning Community, Greenacre School and Joseph Norton Academy. Through our collaboration we are able to provide unique opportunities for our children, our staff and the communities we serve.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hard-working and creative professional to lead in the co-ordination, planning and delivery of PE, sport and fitness throughout the school. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of successfully engaging vulnerable children in a wide range of sports activities, including an extracurricular offer.
As sports and fitness Instructor you will take the lead role in the coordination, development and delivery of activities, campaigns, events and programmes aimed at engaging pupils in sporting and fitness activities. You will introduce pupils to a range of activities including, for example, athletics, dance, games, gymnastics and swimming and support children to access enrichment activities, competitions and tournaments. You will work with a wide variety of organisations and establish appropriate networks to ensure safe and effective provision at a range of settings.
Successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring that:
• Safe, effective and enjoyable programmes of sports and fitness related activity are developed and delivered to meet Partnership and pupil needs
• Individuals and groups access appropriate sports and fitness activities on a weekly and ongoing basis (including afterschool and, on occasions, weekends)
• Participation in physical activities increases across the school for key population and target groups
• Pupil progress and personal development is tracked, and progress is evidenced over time
• Pupils achieve relevant certification and accreditation
• Effective partnership working takes place to meet joint priorities with appropriate delivery
Post holders require:
● At least level 2 qualifications in English and Maths
● Appropriate technical qualifications including National Governing Body awards in relevant areas.
● Experience of delivering a Sports and fitness programme.
● Ability to understand and manage challenging behaviours. Establishing positive professional relationships with children, their families and multi-disciplinary teams.
● Ability to work under own initiative, demonstrating skills linked to innovative thinking.
● Ability to demonstrate exceptionally effective communication skills, both oral and written, at all levels.
● Ability to personalise learning
Springwell Learning Community
Our aim is to provide the best possible care and education for children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. Unconditional Positive Regard is at the centre of what we do. As an academy we are welcoming, caring, safe, warm and believe that all our pupils can be supported and empowered to succeed. We create individual and personalised pathways for pupils that are built around their varied needs.
We believe in working closely with our families and carers and welcome their support, but also realise that at times they will need our support too. We work closely with other agencies and schools to make sure we do all we can to make learning and life the best it possibly can be.
Wellspring Academy Trust
At Wellspring Academy Trust, we believe that every school is unique, because it has a unique history, it serves a unique community context and is full of unique individuals. We value and celebrate the unique identities of our academies. We encourage them to innovate, create and develop their uniqueness because we want others to learn from them. Excellence is about diversity, not conformity. We do not believe that one size fits all.
If you would like to discuss or find out more about this post, please contact Steve Tighe, Executive Vice-Principal, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com
Your letter of application should outline why you feel your experience makes you a strong applicant for this exciting opportunity.
The closing date for this post is: Monday 1st March 2021 at 8.00am.
We expect that interviews will take place later that week.
Springwell Learning Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced disclosure and barring services check.
View all Latest News View all Vacancies