Wellspring Why Join Us?
We welcome conversations with like-minded schools who may be interested in joining our Wellspring family. Please contact Natalie Hardman, Chief Administration Officer at email@example.com if you would like a chat.
We work wholeheartedly to ensure the very best for our young people, our staff team and our communities. Our values, ethics and aims are much more than mere statements; they guide the way in which we work and unite us.
Our school Principals and Governing Bodies enjoy the freedom to lead with confidence, ambition and imagination. Our support is tailored and solutions-focused.
We encourage those thinking of joining our community to talk to our Principals. You don’t have to arrange this via us, please feel comfortable to contact them directly.
- JosieTV (Constantly updated online CPD content for staff at all levels)
- Subject and Practice networks
- Positive Regard (Behaviour and Engagement support)
- Josie Thirkell Institute of Education (Initial Teacher Training, Early Careers Teachers, National Professional Qualifications)
- School Improvement Support led by Dave Whitaker, Director of Learning, National Leader of Education
- Leadership Community network
- Annual Festival of Learning
- Monthly Online Principal Briefing (technical updates)
- Termly face-to-face Principal Meeting (by region)
- Leadership Conference (twice annual)
- Termly magazine delivered to school and online, distributed to all staff featuring education updates and news from around the Trust
- Sector-leading Governing Body Information Pack (termly, includes key at-a-glance information to aid effective governance)
- Sector-leading assurance.
We provide wrap-around support during the conversion and onboarding process to ensure that your transition with us is as smooth as possible.
"From a team of one – to one of a team"
From a team of one – to one of a team; that is how I would summarise the significant change for us as a school following our conversion to academy status. The depth and breadth of knowledge, skills and experience that becomes wrapped around the school is incredible. I could say that this starts from Day One, however the relationship is built and fostered long before the date of conversion, and the support offered to us as a school leading up to joining Wellspring was outstanding.
At every level across our school, from Teaching Assistants to Admin, from Estates to Middle Leaders and from Principal to Pastoral Officers we have been connected to a range of colleagues who we can now turn to, message, or contact simply to ask those silly questions; these relationships, both formal and informal, have proved to be invaluable and the professional generosity that permeates the Trust is evident and appreciated by all of us on a daily basis.
Becoming part of the Wellspring Academy Trust is such a positive development for our school the benefits that collective thinking, shared values, and a vision shaped by forward planning at scale brings is immeasurable, with the main beneficiaries being our pupils; they are firmly at the heart of every decision, every idea and ultimately everything we do, exactly as they should be.
We make a difference.
"The future is bright, achievable and most importantly pupil centred"
Wellspring Academy Trust welcomed Forest Moor School into the Wellspring family in July 2021, after many years of being inadequate and somewhat neglected.
Over the summer, the trust spent nearly one million pounds on making the building fit for purpose. There were many basics not in place such as WIFI, working phones and general infrastructure, which meant more unexpected expenses during the year. The school is very grateful to the Trust for all the financial and expertise in making this building and indeed school fit for purpose.
Since joining Wellspring, the strengths in the school have been recognised and rapidly built upon with the staff to make the most positive progress this school has ever seen. It has been a huge relief and pleasure to be part of a Trust whose beliefs align with what many of us have been trying to achieve for so long. The Trust has given us the tools to become successful. The journey continues but for the first time as part of the Wellspring family the future is bright, achievable and most importantly pupil centred.